Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Scope & Purpose
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist is an integral part of the accounting department, assisting in performing crucial job duties including posting payments by recording cash, checks, credit card donation, and merchant sale transactions. The AR Specialist will use organization and communications skills to work closely with other members of the organization to ensure banking deposits and revenues are recorded timely and accurately.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance. The AR Specialist will office at Community First! Village located at 9301 Hog Eye Road, Austin, TX 78724.
Please attach a cover letter and resume to the application. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for further discussion will be contacted.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily donation process
- Record deposit transactions in QuickBooks
- Work closely with Relationship & Giving Team to ensure donation records sync between Salesforce CRM system and QuickBooks
- Work closely with Grant Manager to keep track of grant donation while supporting grant documentation
- Record program sales income from various software including Toast POS, Square, Shopify, Airbnb, and Eventbrite
- Responsible for merchant bank account reconciliation for all donations and sales income
- Reconcile and report income statements
- Maintain Capital Campaign donation portfolio reporting and analysis
- Maintain donation pledge receivables and reconcile with Salesforce CRM system
- Record internal sales between programs for organizational events
- Process and record stock donations
- Provide AR accounting support to eight food truck communities
- Create a donation report to generate an annual tax letter sent to food truck community donors
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Assist in the month-end close process
- Maintain documentation for all donations
- File monthly sales tax payment
- Support the accounting team on special projects including workflow process improvements
- Other duties & responsibilities as needed
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to serving those who have experienced homelessness and personal alignment with MLF’s vision, mission, core values, and goals
- The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about the nonprofit/social sector and MLF’s vision, mission, core values and goals
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, or a relevant field required
- 2+ years experience in accounting
- Experience working within an accounting software system - QuickBooks preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strongly analytical, attention to detail, with creative problem-solving skills
- Must have excel knowledge of pivot tables and VLOOKUP
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing, cultivate community, and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need.
The vision is supported by core values centered on our belief that homelessness is the result of a profound, catastrophic loss of family:
- God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life
- By virtue of being created by God in His image, we are all called to live in community and relationship with Him through each other
- The family is the original cell of social life
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself
- All members of the human family are equal in dignity
- The Lord God took the man and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and care for it. Gen 2:15
- Transform the way people view the stereotype of those who find themselves homeless
- To reconnect the homeless to self, family, and community
- Help the chronically homeless rediscover and utilize their God-given talents to do purposeful work
- To connect human to human, heart to heart through the fellowship of food and hospitality
- Inspire people into a lifestyle of abundance by giving their best first
These Guiding Principles are the basis upon which MLF team members make decisions, plan strategies, and interact with each other and our community. The principles define the kind of leaders we are striving to be.
Yes, and…Positive Attitude
Semper Gumby (flexible/adaptable)
MLF is a faith-based organization with its ideals and philosophy coming directly from the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
MLF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in accordance with federal and state law.
It is important for all applicants to understand that Mobile Loaves & Fishes is an essential business that provides food, shelter, and other necessities of life for our neighbors who have experienced homelessness. We strive to joyfully maintain these essential services to those that are most in need in our community. All employees of Mobile Loaves & Fishes are expected to work onsite to maintain the essential functions of the organization. All applicants should be aware of our essential business classification before applying for open positions.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Accounting