Economic Development Officer
This role will focus on business development, program outreach and implementation, and client services. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Training and Education and will be based in Austin, TX.
- Provide business coaching services for clients in the Central Texas MSA.
- Connect clients to professional resources in the community to help meet their business needs.
- Collaborate with community partners including, but not limited to, participation in the Austin Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
- Respond to requests for PeopleFund representation at partner events, programs, and workshops and coordinate local team participation when necessary.
- Attend events, interact with networking groups, and conduct business outreach when possible.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the City of Austin’s Technical Assistance contract.
Program Outreach and Implementation:
- Identify new relationships for program partnerships and enrollment.
- Develop curriculum calendar and coordinate venue, registration, outreach, and speaker needs for all sessions.
- Liaise between strategic partners, the marketing/fundraising teams, and provide information for sponsorship opportunities.
- Represent PeopleFund and programs at community events, boards, committees, and groups to advance the PeopleFund mission and interest in workshops and events.
- Coordinate with appropriate department for program marketing including but not limited to: paid social advertising, mass email communication, website content, blog content, and print materials.
- Ensure appropriate lending team members have access to program information and attendance expectations.
- Conduct follow up activities as needed with program attendees that emphasize access to capital.
- Coordinate mentor pairings between existing clients and professionals in the PeopleFund mentor network.
- Maintain working relationships with the lending, underwriting, and risk mitigation teams to ensure timely intervention with clients who show signs of risk.
- Provide site visits to clients upon loan closing and annually after, when needed.
- Provide technical assistance to all PeopleFund clients to meet Small Business Administration requirements and otherwise when needed.
- Support clients with opportunities for education and recognition, including, but not limited to, newsletters and announcements, award nominations, program participation, and policy change.
Impact & Data Responsibilities:
- Track technical assistance provided in constituent databases (MMS) and (SPARD).
- Track enrollment, conversions to loans, and maintain accurate records of program performance via constituent database (MMS).
- Maintain paper copies and enrollment verification on cloud server.
- Provide data to support the needs of grant and contract reporting, when necessary.
**This position does require local travel between 25% and 50% of the time.
Job Type : Full-Time