St. Edward's University is seeking an effective and experienced admission recruiter who will initiate and lead front-line recruitment efforts of new graduate students. This individual will communicate the university's academic programs to prospective students, college and university partners, community organizations, and businesses. This position serves as the first contact for prospective students interested in St. Edward's graduate programs and will be part of a team working to recruit all graduate and undergraduate transfer students to the university.
The Graduate recruiter executes strategies to identify and attract high-quality candidates to the appropriate Master's programs in the Bill Munday School of Business and the School of Human Development and Education through managing the recruitment and admission of new graduate students to meet program goals. Identifying qualified candidates, developing effective recruitment strategies, engaging in corporate and community outreach, and managing the application process for these programs are central duties of this position.
This position will work closely with faculty and staff in delivering effective recruiting messages and events promoting groundbreaking programs that support creative thinking, critical analysis, global collaboration, lifelong learning, adaption to change, and ethical behavior. The Graduate recruiter is responsible for both meeting recruitment goals within the assigned programs and developing and implementing successful strategies for recruitment.
- For consideration, a Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Passion for education and helping people achieve their goals.
- Experience working in the field of college admission and recruiting or at least three years of professional experience in business recruiting, sales, or higher education preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Consultative approach to guide prospective students through the university application and admission process.
- Experience communicating complex information to diverse audiences and the ability to establish relationships over phone, text, and email.
- Experience using a CRM.
- Must work effectively with a diverse student population.
- This position requires high levels of energy, commitment, and initiative.
- Ability to travel required.
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record required.
- Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
- Position occasionally requires periods of travel and may call for weekends away from Austin.
- Occasional evening and weekend duties required
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
- Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
- Dental Guardian Dental
- Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
- Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance
- Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
- Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Services & Discounts
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""