As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Texas McCombs believes that diversity in our faculty, student, and staff populations is integral to our core purpose of educating leaders that create value for society. We welcome applicants from under-represented groups and those who can demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
Texas McCombs is a top business school at the center of one of the most innovative cities in the U.S. The McCombs community champions hands-on experiences alongside the ground-breaking research and thought-leadership of a world-class faculty. The collaborative spirit and enterprising drive of the Longhorn alumni network, one of the largest university networks in the world, is embedded in our culture, making us human-centered and future-focused in all our endeavors. We are shaping those who will shape tomorrow, and solving challenging problems while remaining committed to creating a community that is diverse, supportive, and challenging. What starts here really does change the world.
For more information about Texas McCombs please visit: https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/
The Marketing Manager position is responsible for developing and executing a marketing and pipeline plan for the portfolio of MBA programs at the McCombs School of Business, including Full-Time MBA, Evening MBA, MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth, and Executive MBA. As a member of the MBA Marketing, Recruiting, and Admissions team, the Marketing Manager will work closely with program leadership, admissions officers, and events team members to drive leads, applications, and enrollment for the MBA programs. The Marketing Manager must have a passion for leading integrated, multi-channel campaigns with a results and data-driven mentality. Our ideal candidate is driven, forward-thinking, and a digital- first marketer who can build content strategies and execute marketing campaigns to engage our prospective MBA students through their application journey. The Marketing Manager understands prospect management and segmentation and has honed their message delivery skills. They know how to send the right message at the right time, measure campaign success, and how to pivot when necessary. This role will supervise direct reports. This role will report to the Managing Director of MBA Marketing, Recruiting, and Admissions.
Marketing & Content Plan Development
- Create a coordinated and comprehensive annual marketing strategy in collaboration with the MBA Recruiting & Admissions team and program leadership to engage and influence prospective MBA students
- Develop content, messaging, and communications strategies to attract and convert prospective students into the MBA program recruitment pipeline and to drive applications and enrollment Maintain knowledge of the Texas McCombs MBA program offerings, target audiences, competitive landscape, and key program differentiators
- Seek and obtain buy-in from program directors, leadership, and other key stakeholders on the marketing and content plan
Marketing Program Execution
- Manage marketing and application-related campaigns, email newsletters, event promotions, and landing pages targeted to MBA prospective students, applicants, admitted students, and/or enrolled students; ensure Marketo and Salesforce protocols are being followed and McCombs brand standards are being upheld.
- Build, automate, and monitor drip and nurture email campaigns for prospective MBA students.
- Partner with MBA Recruiting and Admissions and other McCombs stakeholders to build, execute, and maintain prospective student lead scoring and lifecycle strategies.
- Implement best-in-class marketing practices to strategically segment and leverage the prospect database for greater campaign efficiency, contact outreach, engagement, and effectiveness.
- Manage all MBA program webpages, including content strategy, content creation, and maintenance; partner with McCombs brand and web team to ensure brand standards and website protocols are being followed.
- In collaboration with MBA Recruiting and Admissions and other McCombs stakeholders, manage higher-ed, business school, and market-specific paid media and partnership strategy and execution.
- Manage the development, creation, maintenance, and inventory management of print marketing materials, including but not limited to program viewbook brochures, fact sheets, and postcards.
- Oversee partner prospect lists and list purchases to drive new leads for MBA programs; manage list campaign strategy and content, tracking, and evaluation of partner lists.
- Oversee MBA admissions blog, social media, video content, and SMS content.
- Partner with in-house creative team, agency partners, and/or freelance designers to develop high-impact, on-brand marketing assets.
- Partner with McCombs Marketing team on paid media strategy and execution - including paid search, display, paid social, outdoor, and airport advertising - to drive awareness, lead generation, and conversions.
- Coordinate with other marketing initiatives at the McCombs School of Business and The University of Texas at Austin.
Marketing Program Analysis, Reporting, and Optimization
- Track, report, and analyze marketing program performance, and make recommendations for further improvement.
- Work with MBA Recruiting and Admissions and McCombs Marketing to determine ROI of marketing programs and establish measurable goals for program marketing and recruiting supported by analytics; track and optimize campaign activity based on full-funnel performance analysis.
- Perform A/B testing and adjust, as needed, email campaigns and nurture programs to optimize results.
- Analyze program pipeline, create forecasts, and review outcomes with MBA admissions directors and program leadership throughout the recruiting cycle.
- Collaborate with events team members on MBA recruiting event reporting and analysis.
Marketing Compliance & Best Practices
- Maintain knowledge of digital marketing best practices and digital marketing compliance standards, such as FERPA, GDPR, etc.
- Serve as the Marketo expert for the MBA Program Office, and serve as a resource on email marketing and marketing automation to MBA team members. Participate in training and continuing education related to Marketo and marketing automation.
- Manage contacts, leads, and opportunities in the McCombs instance of Salesforce and Marketo and gain understanding of the Salesforce Education Data Architecture (EDA).
- Stay up-to-date on McCombs and UT Austin brand standards and serve as a resource to the MBA Program office on logos, brand guidelines, messaging strategy, and creative assets.
- Complete McCombs website CMS training, maintain knowledge of web standards for accessibility and responsiveness, and serve as a website resource to MBA team members.
Team Management and Collaboration
- Collaborate with Admissions & Recruiting Officers and Event Marketing/Event Management team members, on a daily basis, as part of a cohesive MBA Marketing, Recruiting, and Admissions team, collectively working to drive leads, applications, and enrollment and to meet team and program goals.
- Supervise full-time staff, student workers/interns, and/or freelancers across marketing, communications, digital, content, and graphic design.
- Guide, motivate, and support direct reports; set objectives, clear roadblocks, and advocate for team members to help them achieve success; support professional development through continuing education and exposure to new projects and responsibilities.
- Help team members prioritize responsibilities, maintain an appropriate volume of work, and manage expectations.
- Continue to develop as a supervisor and people manager through education, training, and feedback.
- Partner with MBA and McCombs stakeholders to drive data integration, improve automation, and decrease manual processes.
- Provide support and staffing, as needed, for MBA Recruiting & Admissions events & activities and other major MBA Program Office or McCombs initiatives and events.
- Experience building a marketing funnel and enrollment pipeline, and an in-depth understanding of data-driven marketing automation strategies
- Experience working across multiple marketing channels with an emphasis on digital and email marketing
- Experience working directly with business partners to understand objectives and articulate the impact of digital media strategies, campaigns, and tools
- An understanding of higher-education recruitment and the graduate business/MBA program competitive landscape
- Ability to learn new information and write/create marketing content based on that information, tailored for different target audiences and marketing channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, be flexible, and execute multiple projects within established time frames and budgets. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, often-changing, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present ideas, recommendations, and data stories
- Highly innovative and self-directed; proactive communicator and problem solver
- Positive and client-service oriented mentality
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in an enterprise-level CRM
- Strong knowledge of or desire to learn and become an expert in Marketo and Salesforce
- Experience working in an email service provider or marketing automation platform
- Experience working in a website content management system
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, advertising, or related field
- 6+ years of marketing program development experience
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Experience working in higher education and/or recruiting & admissions
Experience working in graduate business education
Experience developing an integrated marketing content strategy and plan
Experience working in Marketo
Experience working with Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Education Data Architecture (EDA)
Experience using Canva or similar tool to design marketing materials
Experience managing a marketing team
- $65,000 + depending on qualifications
Works in standard office conditions with repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
Work schedule is generally Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with some nights and weekends required, as needed for special events or projects.
This is an Austin, Texas-based position. Eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, working from home up to two days a week.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing