Scope & Purpose
The Talent Specialist is an integral part of the Human Resources team, responsible for supporting the talent functions of our growing organization. The Talent Specialist will provide operational support related to aspects of the employee life cycle. This will include, but is not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, off-boarding, and employee development. The Talent Specialist will be responsible for ensuring MLF attracts, develops, and retains the talent we need to continue growing and thriving, playing a critical role in helping build capabilities, improve service delivery, and contribute to the overall learning & development strategy of the organization.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Human Resources. Due to the nature and requirements of the position, hours are flexible to fit needs, but typically include Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. The Talent Specialist will office at Community First! Village located at 9301 Hog Eye Road, Austin, TX 78724.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on job descriptions, requisition creation, compensation, and sourcing strategies.
- Source, network with and proactively reach out to minorities, female candidates, people with disabilities, or other under-represented groups.
- Continuously develop networks and partnerships to actively build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Recruit and perform talent acquisition activities, such as resume and phone screens, candidate interviews, reference screenings, recommend final selection of applicants, and close qualified candidates.
- Place and update all job postings in various media platforms including applicant tracking system (ATS), internet/intranet sites, colleges, social networks, community boards, and staffing partners.
- Represent the organization at recruiting events as needed (i.e., college job fairs).
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase awareness of organization through recruiting events.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to promote ATS referral opportunities.
- Respond timely to internal and external applicant situations and applicant requests as required.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system, share recruiting reports and other staffing administration functions as needed.
- Assist hiring managers in creating onboarding plans for new hires.
- Communicate organization and position details to new hires before their start date.
- Work with other team members to prepare onboarding documentation and communications.
- Serve as back up for orientation sessions.
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs using various learning methods (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training, e-learning courses, workshops, and other trainings).
- Design, develop and deliver learning programs, aligned with Mobile Loaves & Fishes strategy and goals.
- Create content for various types of learning opportunities.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Works with the HR team to develop and maintain organizational communications, such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Create brochures and training materials, multimedia visual aids, and presentations.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, and process measurements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to serving those who have experienced homelessness and personal alignment with MLF’s vision, mission, core values, and goals.
- The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable MLF’s vision, mission, core values and goals.
- Higher education (two- or four-year college degree) or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of human resources, talent acquisition and interviewing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures and a solid working knowledge of recruitment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online and social media recruiting.
- Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” an organization’s value proposition.
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), internet, and Applicant Tracking Systems / learning management system
- Strong customer service, negotiation skills, and ability to interact with employees at all levels throughout the organization.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness, and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Strong presentation skills.
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing, cultivate community, and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need.
The vision is supported by core values centered on our belief that homelessness is the result of a profound, catastrophic loss of family:
- God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life
- By virtue of being created by God in His image, we are all called to live in community and relationship with Him through each other
- The family is the original cell of social life
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself
- All members of the human family are equal in dignity
- The Lord God took the man and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and care for it. Gen 2:15
- Transform the way people view the stereotype of those who find themselves homeless
- To reconnect the homeless to self, family and community
- Help the chronically homeless rediscover and utilize their God-given talents to do purposeful work
- To connect human to human, heart to heart through the fellowship of food and hospitality
- Inspire people into a lifestyle of abundance by giving their best first
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Human Resources