2020 [RE]verse Pitch - Finalist Pitch Event
Monday, April 27, 2020 (6:00 PM - 7:30 PM) (CDT)
At the final event, the [Re]Verse Pitch finalists will pitch and compete for the Innovation Prize. Join us to find out who will be receiving Innovation Prizes to start a new social enterprise!
This event is free and open to the public, but your RSVP is requested.
2020 [RE]verse Pitch Finalists
Two Innovation Prizes of $10,000 will be awarded to the top finalists. Audience members will also have a chance to vote for their favorite idea to receive the People’s Choice Award honorable mention.
- LoFi Recycling Systems by Samantha Panger and Destin Douglas
- Repurposing vinyl record scraps from Gold Rush Vinyl into indoor pots and planters
- reCASE Project by Taylor Henderson and Bill Balliette
- Repurposing decorator fabric samples from Austin Creative Reuse / IIDA and vinyl record scraps from Gold Rush Vinyl into iPhone cases
- Rescued Originals by Kristin Gust, Andy Elliot, and Elizabeth Sanford
- Repurposing decorator fabric samples from Austin Creative Reuse / IIDA into pet beds
- Terra Helmets by Aadhikesh Boopalam, Seniru Kottegoda, and Collin McCloskey
- Repurposing decorator fabric samples from Austin Creative Reuse / IIDA, vinyl record scraps from Gold Rush Vinyl, and plastic sandals from Travis County into shareable helmets
What is the [Re]Verse Pitch Competition?
Entrepreneurs are used to pitching their business idea to investors, partners, and anyone they might share an elevator ride with. In this competition, the tables turn.
The [Re]Verse Pitch Competition helps turn valuable raw materials that are currently leaving local businesses, non-profits, and institutions as waste into the raw materials for new or expanding social enterprises. Learn more here.
Thank You to Our Event Partners
Thank You to Our Event Sponsor
The Austin Young Chamber is dedicated to supporting our members and our community with information, resources, and support as we collectively face the effects of COVID-19. We are here for you and committed to moving forward, together. We hope you will consider supporting our efforts by becoming a member when the time is right, taking our COVID-19 Impact Survey for Employees, and continuing to take part in the programs we offer.