2022 Circular Austin Showcase
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 (5:30 PM - 8:00 PM) (CDT)
Circular Austin Showcase is an in-person pitch event hosting a diverse group of people from investor and business communities to support and inspire growth in the circular economy. Circular Economy entrepreneurs and business owners will have a chance to pitch their company and connect with investors to build their funding network.
Circular Austin Showcase will inspire and educate the investment community on the social, environmental and economic benefits of circular economy businesses.
The Showcase connects circular economy businesses and entrepreneurs with potential investors in the region. During this event, selected circular economy businesses and entrepreneurs will pitch to judges for a chance to win $5,000 in prize money.
The City of Austin is proud to support our local circular businesses by hosting an event that helps Austin reduce waste, create a cleaner environment and grow the local circular economy.
Learn more about the businesses pitching:
- Born Again Kreations* - plans to create insulated water bottle holders using decorator fabric samples and cuts of high-quality fleece from Austin Creative Reuse and bulletproof vests from Travis County.
- FLORAL SEA - is a conceptual fashion house and design studio that was launched in response to the lack of diversity and inclusivity of Black-Latinx beauty, style, and culture in today's sustainable fashion scene.
- GROARTS* - plans to create the GROBOX which is a simple hydroponic setup for growing microgreens at home using plastic boxes and plastic inserts from ACC Bioscience Incubator and EQO.
- Heron - rents and delivers anything you don't use enough to buy. Everything from carpet cleaners to knee scooters to projectors to air mattresses delivered right to your doorstep.
- Not Nice - turns the vibrant graphics on aluminum cans into unique jewelry and accessories, creating simple, lightweight earrings from punched and sanded aluminum and incorporating other upcycled materials to create wallets, beer tasting journals, and pendant jewelry.
- Reclaim.Repurpose.Reimagine.* - plans to create packaging for luxury goods using decorator fabric samples from Austin Creative Reuse and bulletproof vests from Travis County.
- REVISION GOODS* - plans to create durable home goods using decorator fabric samples from Austin Creative Reuse.
- USE2 - is a grassroots incubator committed to demonstrating the economics of innovative resale processes driven by extending material lifespans and circularity. In a USE2 scenario, donated material goods are immediately sorted, aggregate and sold to entrepreneurs who specialize.
In Partnership With
*Winners of the City’s 2022 [RE]verse Pitch Competition
Free and open to all.
The Cathedral, 2403 E 16th St
Austin, TX 78702 United States