All Chamber Candidate Forums: District 9
Friday, September 30, 2022 (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM) (CDT)
In partnership, the Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce, Greater Austin Black Chamber, Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Austin Young Chamber, and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce invite you to participate in the Austin Chambers 2022 Candidate Forums.
We hope you will join us for the District 9 Candidate Forum. This is an important opportunity to hear directly from those hoping to lead Austin's local government for District 9 and we are proud to provide a platform for civic engagement. The District 9 Candidate Forum will be moderated by Amy Stansbury, editor in chief at The Austin Common.
- Linda Guerrero
- Benjamin Leffler
- Kym Olson
- Zohaib "Zo" Qadri
- Greg Smith
- Joah Spearman
- Tom Wald
See below for important info on parking/transit and maps to find the forum on the ACC Rio Grande Campus. If you need further assistance on the day of the event, please call the ACC office at 512-223-3000.
- When: Friday, September 30th | 5:30-7:30pm
- Where: Austin Community College Rio Grande Campus, 1212 Rio Grande St, Austin, TX, 78701
- The forum will be hosted in the Student Lounge Room 1102.00 on Level 1.
- See the below floor plans for specific entrances and paths (red footprints) to get to the Student Lounge.
- Please note: If you need an ADA accessible entrance, please enter at the "Ramp Entrance 0 Level" labeled on the below map. You can then take the elevator to Level 1 to head to the Student Lounge.
- Parking/Transit: We strongly recommend using CapMetro's Trip Planneror your favorite ridesharing service to get to ACC and home safely.
- Paid street parking is available near campus.
- There is also a free parking garage located on 12th Street.
- If you plan to bike, there are bicycle racks located in front of ACC Rio Grande at the intersection of Rio Grande St. and W. 13th St.
- In addition to our moderated discussion, attendees will also have a chance to ask a question during the Q&A portion. All attendees must follow the below code of conduct:
- Promote an environment of civility, earnestness, and sincerity.
- Listen politely to moderated discussion.
- Heckling, harassing, or other disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- The use of derogatory or discriminative language is prohibited.
This is the fourth of six local election forums.
For more information, please visit https://www.keepaustinvoting.com
We are proud to partner with area Chambers for the 2022 Candidate Forums.
Austin Community College: Rio Grande Campus, 1212 Rio Grande St
Austin, TX 78701 United States