Holiday Cookie Connection - Volunteer Opportunity
Saturday, December 11, 2021 (10:00 AM - 11:30 AM) (CST)
The Leadership Service Committee has once again organized a unique opportunity to give back. We're partnering with Drive A Senior Austin to deliver cookies and holiday cards to their senior clients!
5 Easy Steps... and a whole lot of reward!
- Each volunteer calls 2-3 registered seniors for an intro and to take their cookie order!
- Bake or grab the cookie orders from your favorite local bakery.
- Arrive at the Hangar in the Mueller Trailer Eats park with your cookies and volunteer energy.
- We'll have supplies to write holiday cards for the seniors and package the cookies for delivery.
- Then we'll take off as a group to deliver the cookies to our assigned seniors at Village Christian Apartments.
Pre-registration is required and will close on Tuesday, December 7th.
Drive A Senior Austin's mission is to enable older adults to live independently, avoid social isolation and age in place by providing free, volunteer-based transportation and other support services. They do this by providing daily rides to medical appointments and errands, weekly rides to H-E-B for groceries, monthly rides for social outings and events, and as-needed handyman services, tech assistance, and social visits.
Mueller Trailer Eats, 4209 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78722 United States
Deliveries will be made to Village Christian Apartments (7925 Rockwood Ln, Austin, TX 78757).